Four teams won their second straight game in as many days in the 76th AAABA Tournament, including the defending champion New Orleans Boosters.
- New Orleans (2-0) beat the Columbus TNT Knights 16-6 in eight innings at Forest Hills High School. Tyler Helmke had three hits, and Drew Salinas, Joaquin Gutierrez and Sebastian Silva each had two hits for the Boosters. Brennan Lambert had two hits and three runs for Columbus (1-1)
- Johnstown Paul Carpenter Capital Advisors (2-0) rode the right arm of Justin Wright, who pitched 7 2/3 innings with seven strikeouts and one walk in an 11-1 victory in eight innings against Altoona Cumming Motors. Brandon Lane hit a two-run homer, and Jayden Taitano had a solo shot for Johnstown in the night game in front of 2,300 fans at Sargent’s Stadium.
- Philadelphia Bandits beat Cleveland B2Bulls 10-0 in eight innings at Lilly Washington War Memorial Field. Eric Marasheski went 3-for-3 with two runs and two RBIs for the Bandits. Jared Minnicbach pitched 7 1/3 scoreless innings for Philadelphia.
- Maryland State Crabfest rolled past the Brooklyn-1 Cougars 13-2 in seven innings at Portage Haschak Field. Danneuris Infante Tavares went 3-for-4 with two doubles and two runs for the Crabfest. Likeiry Taveras Jimenez went 3-for-4 with a triple, two runs and two RBIs.
Four teams picked up victories on the second day to even their record at 1-1.
- Jared Dowey hit for the cycle and drove in seven runs while scoring three times as Johnstown-2 Martella’s Pharmacy beat Brooklyn-2 SAYO Grays 14-2 in seven innings at the Point. Dowey went 4-for-6. Tyler Suder had three hits for Martella’s, and Phillip Dull, Jake Felton and Jake Ansell each had two hits. Martella’s starter Michael Marinchak and reliever Lance Westover each threw three innings, and Kyle Glass tossed one while limiting the Grays to three hits.
- New Brunswick built a 9-0 lead but had to hold off a comeback by Buffalo All In Sports as the Matrix won 11-7 at Westmont Hilltop High School. Justin Scotto and Gianni Marrano each hit homers, and Christian Petriello doubled for New Brunswick. Scott drove in four runs, while Marrano and Steve Yellin each had three hits. Kyle Borrello homers for Buffalo, and Mitch Floccare, Will Markott and Tyler Phillips each doubled.
- The North Carolina Disco Turkeys recorded their first AAABA Tournament victory, a 4-3 contest over Youngstown Creekside Crocodiles at Roxbury Park. Dino Tharp had two hits, including a double and three RBIs. Hayden Seltzer and Bryson Bebbler each had two hits. Bebbler tripled
- Altoona-2 Johnston Realty reversed its fortunes in a big way. The Altoona-2 team mercy-ruled the Zanesville Junior Pioneers 18-1 in seven innings at Mount Aloysius College. The previous day, Altoona-2 fell 16-0 to Philadelphia. This time, Joey DeRubeis and Josh Morgan each went 4-for-6, with DeRubeis driving in three runs and Morgan, two. Morgan doubled, and Tyreke Green and DeRubeis each tripled. Ben Sterritt had two of Zanesville’s three hits. Johnston Realty collected 22 hits.
The AAABA Tournament results also may be found on GameChanger.