The match ups for the 73rd annual AAABA Tournament were set during the annual players banquet held Sunday at Cambria County War Memorial Arena.
The tournament will follow a pool play bracket for a second straight year, with four pools including four teams apiece. There still will be an upper and lower bracket.
Eight games will be played on Monday, with the first seven of those to begin at noon, and the official opener at 7:30 p.m. at Point Stadium.
The schedule for Monday:
- New Brunswick Matrix vs. Buffalo Royal Printing, Roxbury Park, noon.
- Philadelphia Bandits vs. Columbus Jets, Iron Horse Complex, noon.
- Johnstown-2 Paul Carpenter Capital Advisors vs. Zanesville Junior Pioneers, Point Stadium, noon.
- Brooklyn Bonnie Rams vs. Cleveland Blaze, Fichtner Field/Johnstown Middle School, noon.
- Johnstown-1 Martella’s Pharmacy vs. Baltimore Maryland Monsters, Point Stadium, 7:30 p.m.
- Altoona Johnston Realty vs. Youngstown Creekside Crocodiles, Mount Aloysius, noon.
- New Orleans Boosters vs. Chicago South Shore, Lilly Washington War Memorial Field, noon.
- New York Diamond Buddies Hawks vs. Maryland State Crabfest, Westmont Hilltop High School, noon.
The Paul Carpenter Capital Advisors game against Zanesville Junior Pioneers is a rematch of the championship game of the 2016 tournament. The Junior Pioneers won 8-2 to capture the franchise’s first AAABA Tournament crown.