The 72nd annual AAABA Tournament used a familiar tradition to determine a new-look bracket on Sunday night at St. Francis Hall in Johnstown.
The AAABA Tournament will implement pool play on a one-year trial basis for the 72nd annual event.
Drawings were made from the “bingo cage” to determine the slots individual franchises filled in each of the four pools — two pools in the upper bracket and two in the lower bracket.
Each team is guaranteed three games in the tournament. Single-elimination begins on the fourth day of play.
Monday’s schedule includes:
- Buffalo vs. Chicago Metro, Portage Haschak Field, 11 a.m.
- New Orleans vs. Altoona, Mount Aloysius College, 11 a.m.
- Philadelphia vs. Columbus, Roxbury Park, 11 a.m.
- Youngstown vs. Johnstown Paul Carpenter Capital Advisors, Point Stadium, 11 a.m.
- Brooklyn vs. Cleveland, Lilly War Memorial Field, 11 a.m.
- Baltimore vs. Johnstown Martella’s Pharmacy, Point Stadium, 7:30 p.m.
- New York vs. Livonia, Johnstown Middle School, 11 a.m.
- Zanesville vs. New Brunswick, Iron Horse Complex, 11 a.m.