The opening day lineup in the 74th annual AAABA Tournament is set with eight games to be played on seven sites on Monday, Aug. 6.
The four pools were determined and match ups set during the annual players banquet held on Aug. 5 at 1st Summit Arena @ Cambria County War Memorial. Players, managers and coaches representing all 16 teams were at the banquet, which included appearances by the AAABA Hall of Fame Class of 2018 members Maurice Berry of Johnstown and brothers Julio and Ruddy Lugo of Brooklyn.
The Lugos stayed after the dinner and pairings to meet with the Brooklyn Youth Service League team, offering advice both in baseball and life lessons.
Pool A includes:
- Buffalo-1 Royal Printing vs. New Brunswick Matrix, Roxbury Park, noon.
- Zanesville Junior Pioneers vs. Maryland State Crabfest, Portage Haschak Field, noon.
Pool B includes:
- New Orleans Boosters vs. Buffalo-3 Leib’s, Lilly Washington War Memorial Field, noon.
- Brooklyn-3 Youth Service League vs. Johnstown-2 Paul Carpenter Capital Advisors, Sargent’s Stadium at the Point, noon.
Pool C includes:
- Brooklyn-1 Bonnie Rams vs. Buffalo-2 Full Circuit Power, Westmont Hilltop High School, noon.
- Philadelphia Bandits vs. Johnstown-1 Martella’s Pharmacy, Sargent’s Stadium at the Point, 7:30 p.m.
Pool D includes:
- Altoona Johnston Realty vs. Brooklyn-2 SAYO Grays, Mount Aloysius, noon.
- Youngstown Creekside Crocodiles vs. Columbus Jets, Fichtner Field/JMS, noon.