The 75th annual AAABA Tournament not only will provide fans with exciting baseball but also will have a number of events and activities throughout a weeklong celebration.
- Events will kick off Aug. 1 with a baseball-themed Business After Hours event with the Cambria Regional Chamber. The location has yet to be determined.
- The Hall of Fame banquet will be held Aug. 3 at the Frank J. Pasquerilla Conference Center. Roberto Clemente Jr. will be the guest speaker.
- A youth baseball clinic and alumni softball game will be held Aug. 4 at Sargent’s Stadium at the Point. In conjunction, The Learning Lamp will host a family-oriented festival across the river at Peoples Natural Gas Park.
- Opening night ceremonies with a players’ and ambassadors’ parade is set for Aug. 5.
- Coney Island T-shirt night will be held Aug. 6, and the first 500 fans through the gate will receive T-shirts.
- On Aug. 7, Little League Night will feature a parade of players through downtown Johnstown and into the stadium.
- A special giveaway night is in the works for Aug. 8.
- In addition, “Johnstown’s Game: 75 Years of AAABA Baseball in the Flood City,” an exhibit on the history of the AAABA, will open July 30 at the Johnstown Flood Museum and run throughout the duration of the tournament.
- A new book, “A Diamond In Johnstown,” which is being published by The Tribune-Democrat, will include teams, players and contributors throughout the history of the event. Pre-orders can be made at aaababook.com.
A link to The Tribune-Democrat article on the press conference to announce the schedule of events follows: