The quarterfinal round is set in the 76th AAABA Tournament after all eight games were completed on Wednesday, August 4.
- Defending champion New Orleans Boosters won Pool A with a perfect 3-0 record after Wednesday’s 10-0 victory over Brooklyn-2 SAYO Grays. Johnstown-2 Martella’s Pharmacy took the second spot in Pool A with a 2-1 mark after an 8-6 victory over the Columbus TNT Knights.
- The Philadelphia Bandits clinched Pool B by outscoring three opponents by a cumulative 48-0. The Bandits defeated the Zanesville Junior Pioneers 22-0 on Wednesday. Also advancing from Pool B will be Altoona-2 Johnston Realty, which overcame a 16-0 loss to Philadelphia on opening day with a pair of wins, including a 9-5 tally over Cleveland B2Bulls on Wednesday.
- Maryland State Crabfest finsihed 3-0 to win Pool C after a 6-5 win over Youngstown Creekside Crocodiles on Wednesday. The first-year North Carolina Disco Turkeys took the second seed in the pool with a 2-1 record after a 7-5 win over the Brooklyn-1 Cougars.
- In Pool D, Johnstown Paul Carpenter earned the top spot via two wins in the first two nights and then beat Buffalo All In Sports 10-6 to go 3-0. New Brunswick went 2-1 and holds the second spot in the pool.
Single elimination play begins on Thursday with four games:
- New Orleans Boosters vs. Altoona Johnston Realty, at Forest Hills HS, 1 p.m.
- Johnstown Martella’s Pharmacy vs. Philadelphia Bandits, at Sargent’s Stadium, noon.
- Maryland State Crabfest vs. New Brunswick Matrix, at Roxbury Park, 11 a.m.
- North Carolina Disco Turkeys vs. Johnstown Paul Carpenter Capital Advisors, at Sargent’s Stadium, 7 p.m.
Click on the GameChanger link to see more AAABA Tournament scores and statistics.