Plenty of runs were scored throughout many of the early games on Monday afternoon in the 75th annual AAABA Tournament.
Three shutouts also highlighted the schedule.
• The Philadelphia Bandits had the best of both baseball worlds, scoring 14 times against Buffalo-2 while keeping the Full Circuit Power team off the scoreboard in a 14-0 game at Roxbury Park.
• New Brunswick Matrix had similar success in a 13-0 victory over Altoona Johnston Realty at Mount Aloysius College.
• Buffalo Royal Printing won 14-6 over the Brooklyn-2 Bonnie Rams at Portage Haschak Field.
• The Zanesville Junior Pioneers defeated the Columbus Jets 12-2 at Lilly Washington War Memorial Field.
• The Cleveland Blaze won 6-2 over New York Long Island Astros at Westmont Hilltop High School.
• At Fichtner Field, Maryland State won 5-3 over the Brooklyn SAYO Grays.
• In the early game at Sargent’s Stadium at the Point, New Orleans blanked Johnstown-2 Paul Carpenter Capital Advisors.